Oct 17, 2011

Do not be deceived

This kitten is only sweet while sleeping. I'm officially in GA and have been busy playing with the menagerie at my parent's house. They have an adorable new puppy, Tuffy, and a new satanic kitten, Toto. I'm the biggest cat lover I know and I can't stand this thing. It bites, growls, hisses, and then seems disappointed when you won't pet it. The worst is that it comes to you under false pretenses purring begging for love only to attack you moments later. Tuffy, on the other hand, is so darn cute. Except when he pees on me. That's not so cute.

It feels good to be here but it's never felt more obvious to me that this is no longer home. Maybe it's that my parents moved away from my childhood home or maybe it's just because DC has, over time, become the place I hang my hat. I like to think that Mark is home and whenever we are together, no matter the city or country, we will be home. Here's to hoping this theory holds water in Addis...

No comments:

Post a Comment