Nov 14, 2011

Wedded Ethiopian Bliss

While we were waiting for a friend to pick us up for a Southern fish fry, we caught a glimpse of an Ethiopian send-off for a new bride and groom.  After the video was taken, we joined in the fun and danced with the guards. So many new experiences every day! I'll be sure to share some of our previous experiences with you all shortly by posting the emails I've sent to family and friends.  Unfortunately, the Ethiopian government blocks blogging sites so I can only update while I'm at the Embassy.

We also made it to watch some traditional Ethiopian shoulder dancing from the Tigere region of the country.  You can get a better idea of what I'm talking about by watching this Youtube video.

That's all for now. I'm off to meet a man who has a car for rent.

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment