Nov 30, 2011

Once upon a time...we went to Spain

It's amazing how blessed we are.  Mark and I travel so much that I often take for granted the many things that we're experiencing along the way. We spent a week wandering around Spain this past June and until today, I haven't shared a single picture with anyone. For many, that's a trip of a lifetime or rather, a trip that they could never dream of taking.

With my dial-up internet speed in-hand I have uploaded 50 pics to Facebook to commemorate the trip.  We went to Spain on a whim.  I believe I booked the flights 2 weeks in advance.  Mark was coming home after 5 months of separation and his 30th birthday was around the corner. We needed to celebrate. Some do this with cake.

You can jump over to Facebook and check out the pics if you like or you can scroll down and just see my favorites.

Gay Pride 2011 makes DC Pride look like child's play. We didn't plan this, it was just lucky timing. I like this picture because you can tell they are having fun, but that it's empty pleasure. Mark and I pretty much feel like this picture every time we go out to clubs.  It's fun, but it's an empty reward. 

Super sexy Spiderman. I love the minature fat Spiderman behind him.

Spiderman taking a smoke break.

We liked these narrow streets that you could get lost in. Reminds me of Venice.

We don't look our best here, but this was a fun day.  We began eating at a large open food market at 10am and didn't stop until midnight. Gluttony at its best. We made friends, indulged and laughed a lot.
I know I promised belly pics, but we weren't feeling too great last night so no pics were taken. I think tonight's our lucky night.  We are attending a lecture and then heading to a local spot, Lucy's, for dinner.  When we return home I'll be sure to capture a few pics. Hopefully with a full stomach, it will look like I'm preggo again. Unfortunately, food poisoning led to a significant weight loss that I'll be working on mending over the next few weeks. Apparently pregnant ladies shouldn't lose 10 pounds in a week. We probably also shouldn't move to Ethiopia at 8,300 feet above sea level and inhale diesel exhaust all day, but what's the fun in avoiding that?
I also know I still owe a post on adoption in Ethiopia.  We're still learning more about this issue and I am looking forward to sharing what we do know from locals with all of you, but I want first to make sure that I'm not misrepresenting information. We've recently had some interesting chats with the adoption consular officer here that adjudicates all US to ET adoptions and I fear the worst.

Lots of love,
Laurie & Mark

1 comment:

  1. My developer is trying to convince me to move to .

    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.

    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on a number of
    websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into
    it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

    Also visit my webpage: weight loss recipes

    ReplyDelete