Nov 28, 2011

Get Me Outta Here!

While Mark has seemingly made a miraculous recovery from food poisoning, I have remained on a steady diet of toast and rice that I only occasionally manage to keep down.  This condition has left me confined to a 400 sq ft prison cell better known as a Hilton hotel room. Before you roll your eyes, allow me to explain.

This is not your standard US Hilton with posh lighting and down comforters.  No no.
This Hilton was decorated on a motel budget in 1972.
There is black mold in the bathroom.
The sink is cracked.
The coverlet bedding comes complete with someone else's hair.
It is dark. damp. and due to our two cats, also smells like litter.

Alas, there is hope.

On December 2nd, we are getting kicked out the Hilton.
Why? Good question.
There's this ICASA event and thousands are coming to town.
There's no room at the inn.
So they are moving us into an apartment across town!!
Not just any apartment, but one with a door to the bedroom.
For peaceful sleep without cats. Or mold.

BUT! It gets better.
Before arriving we were told a new home was 2 months away.
Then it was three months.
Now it looks like we may have a place to hang our hats before Christmas.

It won't be my happy colonial, tucked up on a hill:
but it won't be a Hilton hotel room, either.

In even MORE exciting news. I'm half way through my pregnancy (20 weeks!!) and my preggo belly has finally gone from awkward triangular mountain to a typical rounded tummy.  I can also FEEL him KICK! He usually does so when I roll over onto my stomach "hey! hey! I'm upside down!!" 20 weeks gestation and he's already got an attitude. This is my child after all. I'll be posting tummy pics tomorrow.

REVISION: I spoke too soon. Mark isn't doing much better than I. It was a temporary high.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of the new place and hope you feel better soon!!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! I hope AZ is treating you well :)

    ReplyDelete