Dec 19, 2010

Try (not) to set my night on fire!

Keeping true to my previous Doors reference, I really do love light fixtures. So today, while I baked cookies for family and friends, my darling husband completed yet another light fixture project. Before we had this boring little globe that was beautifully adorned with bugs inside. Not exactly my cup of tea.















Mark has slowly become a light fixture expert (total light fixtures to date: 9) so we thought this 10th fixture would be no sweat. He began by removing the existing light and low and behold, there was no electrical box. You read that correctly. No electrical box to be found. Just two wires sticking out from the eave, covered with original cloth insulation, which disintegrated to the touch. I'm sure an electrician would tell us to install an electrical box. We busted out some electrical tape, wrapped the wires and mounted the new fixture straight into the overhanging eave. This beautiful new fixture was also purchased at the light shop in Fredericksburg, VA, but it was a steal at $18 dollars.

Total Project: $21

Outcome: A much friendlier entryway to our home and one very happy wife! Frank looks happy about it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment