Dec 18, 2010

Come on baby light my fire

There are few things that get me more excited than light fixtures. Yes, I just wrote that. So when we moved into our kitchen and I saw these terrible mod fixtures from IKEA, I wanted to tear down the ceiling. It's not that we don't like IKEA, we love it, we just particularly like keeping our house as much like the 1920's colonial that it is. After much searching we found an updated version of the Schoolhouse light fixtures that were popular in the late 20s by Hudson Valley Lighting at this great shop in Fredericksburg, VA. The town's namesake was enough for me. During the GSU v. Delaware half time show, Mark pulled out a ladder and got to work. Fifteen minutes later, voila! Let there be beautiful, non-halogen light! Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Totally.

Next Up: Painting our kitchen cabinets. Here's the color we're testing. I stole the color, and the idea, from the Kraft Maid's green cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment