Dec 19, 2010

A pillowcase by any other name

I can't sew and I honestly don't want to learn. Once you know how to sew you are suddenly prey for non-sewers to attack with their frilly projects (thanks, mom, for my beautiful dining room curtains!). So when I saw this $3 chair at Goodwill I thought it looked like an approachable fabric-related project. How hard can a staple gun and some fabric be, right? So I purchased an extra pillow sham while frantically shopping at Target. After gathering together 1" upholstering foam, discontinued staples for the electric stapler Mark purchased at an Estate Sale for $.75, and antique white spray paint I was ready to go. I stuffed the seat and cushion into the pillow case, flipped it over and got to stapling. This might be the easiest project to date. I'm no expert stapler or upholsterer, but I think it's nice to have a perfectly coordinated chair in the guest room. Thanks to Thomas O'Brien and Goodwill, I've got a really affordable chair for my guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment