Jan 28, 2011

Color Recap

The big reveal is coming soon, don't worry.  We are still debating where we want to drill the knobs.  It seems that the trend is to drill them about 2.5-3" down the panel.  Here are some shaker cabinets with a similar look:

white blue kitchen traditional kitchen
custom island traditional kitchen

See what I mean? So anyways, while we determine that stop for a moment and remind yourself of our three kitchen colors...then suggest what fabric colors you would bring in to make the space a little cozier.

The walls are Glidden's Smooth Stone:
...and the cabinets are Sherwin Williams' Escape Gray:
...we've also got a boat load of white trim, and white Silestone countertops:

Then we've got travertine tile floors that look something like this:
I. Need. Warmth. I know what you're thinking...just where is this fabric going to go? Answer: All kinds of places! I need a rug, window treatments on two windows and we're turning that awkward bar/semi-island into an adorable built-in dining nook that will require pillows and seat cushions. One thing is for sure, I know I want an "eclectic mix" of fabrics.  That is, I want a few different patterns that "go" but aren't mitchy-matchy.  It's not 1998 and this isn't the Gap.  The problem is that my thoughts are all over the place and I can't pick my main squeeze fabric.

Should I go all soft and paisley?
Mod and Dwell-studio-ish?

Or do I go somewhere in-between?
One things is for sure...the options are endless.  Somehow I'll incorporate a stripe into the mix and probably manage to sneak in a small bit of geometric pattern even if it isn't the star of the show. 

1 comment:

  1. No bathroom would be finished without the perfect complimentary tub and shower faucet, which is why we offer a wide selection of both, shower faucetgiving you the opportunity to customize your bathroom with matching (or similar) bathtub fixtures.

    ReplyDelete